Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I am a Procrastinator



I started the FLYlady routine, sort of. I started it in my head. As I keep reading, I am realizing that I just need to buckle down and get things done! Yesterday, was a very hectic day in our lives. Amanda and I "revealed" my mother's office to her. It was so awesome to see her excited face and tearful eyes. It was a beautiful moment. She is ready for us to do the next room.

Anyway, after that, grandparents, husband, bosses, dogs, and friends all needed me. I love the feeling of being needed, but I just didn't have time yesterday. Want to know why? Because I am a procrastinator. I have procrastinated on this one project for almost two weeks. It needs to be finished by Friday afternoon. It is easy for me to get caught up in everything else - help everyone else.

Here is a quote from FLYlady herself. I has helped me tremendously.

Ask for help: this is tough - this means that we will have to admit that we are not Super Woman.
Guess what I found out when I hung up my cape for good? I FLY a lot higher and happier without it weighing me down. I also found that asking for help allowed others to feel as though they matter and are important. How about that? Who knew that being a martyr and carrying around burdens made others feel left out and unimportant? Asking for help allows you to lighten the load that you have been trying to carry around all these years. When you want to ask for help, go to the person that you want help from and using very few words.... Just ask for what you need.

I am trying so hard to take this to heart. I even called up my bestie and asked if she would come out and help me with my project. Now, I have to remember there is a line between laziness and overburdened. In this case, it was pure laziness. I wanted to hang out with the family that was up this weekend. I wanted to do the makeover room. Things that were important, but I didn't need to waste the whole weekend on them.

So today is a brand new day. After work, I am going to do some laundry, finish the project, and get caught up with my cleaning. I am NOT going to procrastinate any longer.

Ready, set, HERE I GO!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment