Thursday, September 9, 2010

The End is Actually the Beginning

I love summer. I especially loved this summer. I was able to enjoy the sun, the beach, and the love of friendship. Even though I was hesitant about the summer ending (mainly, because I didn't want my fun times to end!), I am starting to look forward the fall. The first thing I have to get done though is buy a Dairy Queen Blizzard Cake.



See, where I live, the Dairy Queen is a walk up to the window outside type. You don't go inside to order, nor do we have all those burgers. But, what we do have are this amazing blizzard cakes. I LOVE the blizzard cakes. Every year, I have to order one last me throughout the winter. (Read it again! THE WHOLE WINTER!!!) They stay good in the freezer for as long as it lasts in my house, which can be up to 10 months.

The DQ closing and school beginning is the marking to the end of the summer. BUT it is also the marking of the beginning of all the fun fall activities! Sitting wrapped up in a blanket sitting on the stands cheering on the football team, or going to the pumpkin patch to get lost in the corn maze. Or raking up the leaves just to jump in the pile, or sitting in front of the fire reading a book with a cup of hot apple cider.




I don't need to be sad or upset that summer is ending. The possibilities of what lie ahead are exciting! I just have to remember to embrace what is given to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment