Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Aaahhh... The Smell of Accomplishment



I love the feeling of accomplishment. I have accomplished much this last week, and that is why I haven't been on to tell of things that I have done.

I have finished up all the pastys. There are a total of 89 of them made. They all looked really great, and tasted pretty delicious as well. One landed on the floor and my puppies gobbled it up.

I have started practicing again for volleyball. I am hoping to be able to play in the APAR league here in Munising. It is a fun time of competitive volleyball.

My garden has produced many vegetables throughout the summer and yesterday was probably the last picking. I was able to make an additional 4 pints of garden salsa from all the veggies in my garden. Not a ton, but enough to last me for the year (as my husband doesn't like salsa).

This past weekend, my husband was out of town, and I hosted a girls night. I had three little youngsters (Amanda, you are not a youngster!) running around my house. We did the girly things such as eat ice cream and watch Princess Diaries :) It was a blast!

Also this weekend, my parents hosted a missionary family that is raising money to go to Togo West Africa. Their story is quit remarkable and very
exciting. Rory Moore is going to be an administrator and accountant for The Village of Light, a school for the blind. You can read a little more about the program by clicking on Village of Light. Rory, his wife, and his two boys have been raising money for almost three years. They are getting close and the dream will soon turn into a reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment